We are looking for nurses who can provide high standard of physical, emotional and intellectual care for children placed in settings.
To work as a member of the Nursery Team, ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences. To be responsible for meeting the requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) matters, special needs, safeguarding, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
Job Title: Nursery Assistant
Pay rate: £ 16,000/pa
Job Type: Permanent
- To assist in ensuring that the nursery provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment that is appropriate for individual children and enables them to meet their full potential.
- Ensuring that at all times the Welfare and Learning development requirements are met.
- Plan appropriately for children using the EYFS curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Ensure children’s needs are met including SEN and Safeguarding.
- Work with other agencies including area SENCOs, EYFS advisors and health professionals as appropriate.
Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
Experience of working with children 0-5 years.
Education and Training:
A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 2
Current First Aid at Work qualification.
- A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years.
- A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
- Understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of the statutory framework for the EYFS.
- An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
- Understanding of the role of the “KeyPerson”.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
Skills and Ability:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends.