Job Title:Nursery Assistant
Job type: Permanent
Location: West Drayton
Pay: £ 16,494
- To assist in ensuring that the nursery provides a safe, happy and stimulating environment that is appropriate for individual children and enables them to meet their full potential.
- Ensuring that at all times the Welfare and Learning development requirements are met.
- Plan appropriately for children using the EYFS curriculum for guidance.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Ensure children’s needs are met including SEN and Safeguarding.
- Work with other agencies including area SENCOs, EYFS advisors and health professionals as appropriate.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- Experience of working with children 0-5 years.
Education and Training:
- A Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ level 2.
- Current First Aid at Work qualification.
- A sound knowledge of childcare development from birth to five years
- A knowledge and understanding of research related to childcare and education.
- Understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
- Knowledge and understanding of the statutory framework for the EYFS.
- An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
- Understanding of the role of the “Key-Person”.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
Skills and Ability:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- A willingness to undertake further training including some evenings and weekends.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org