Protecting your personal details on our website.
This policy sets out how Staff Giant processes the personal data that relates to you as a prospective employee of our company.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- All information you choose to provide to us. Whether this information is provided face-to-face during interviews, over the telephone, by email or through completing a job application on our recruitment website and it includes the information that you provide to us below;
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone number and personal email address;
- Your curriculum vitae, along with any covering letter you provide to us and any further details about your experience, qualifications and suitability for any advertised role at Staff Giant that are communicated by you or any recruitment agent acting on your behalf;
- Responses you provide during interviews, and your answers to any tests that you undertake during the recruitment process;
- References that are provided by your nominated referees and ex-employers;
- ‘Sensitive’ information on you. And by ‘sensitive’ we mean information such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature and your physical condition, which you choose to provide to us by completing surveys and other forms that we commission;
- Information about your health which may be collected where a particular health condition or disability is relevant to the performance of your role at Staff Giant or in cases where you suffer an injury as a result of an incident in the case of your employment (e.g., a crash involving one of our company vehicles);
- Your social media content and other information that is available about you within the public domain. This information we collect can include posts and comments, pictures and video footage on sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter;
- Disbarring and Disclosure Service (DBS) information, if your role with Staff Giant requires that we seek DBS checks. This in not conducted routinely and you will be notified on an individual basis if your role is in scope for a DBS check.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect information on you through:
- Forms completed and submissions that you make via our recruitment website;
- Responses you provide during face-to-face and telephone interviews;
- Any written correspondence between you and us (e.g., via email);
- Responses and answers that you provide to us through any questionnaires and tests that we require you to complete;
- Social media platforms and other websites where your information is published within the public domain; and
- As the result of a DBS check.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To assess your suitability for the role that you have applied for by assessing your experience, qualifications, interview responses and answers to any performance tests that you may have completed whilst also comparing you to other prospective candidates for the same role;
- To store your details on record for a period of time, so that if you are unsuccessful in a job application with us, we may instead be able to notify you of alternative positions if and when they become available;
- Maintenance of administrative and statutory records, such as to demonstrate our compliance with any applicable equality and diversity laws in our selection of a candidate for any position at Staff Giant that we make available;
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Your information may be disclosed to:
- Companies within our group. For example, we may share information with our Clients relating to your performance during the interview process;
- Your recruitment agent that is acting on your behalf in respect of your job application;
- Referees that you have nominated and potentially your ex-employer(s) for the purpose of obtaining additional references;
- Disbarring and Disclosure Service
- Our professional advisors including our lawyers and accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice; and
- The Police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other government authority if they ask us to do so or we are obliged to do so as a result of a court order.
We review the ways we use your information regularly. And in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
Whenever we change this policy, rest assured we will seek to inform you of those changes. That way, you can check to see if you’re still happy. And if, following any changes, you continue to use our website, contact us by telephone or otherwise provide information to us (through our Website or social media, for example) we will assume that you agree to those changes.
Our full legal name is Staff Giant Services Ltd T/A Staff Giant and our registered address is Unit 6, Westward House, Glebeland Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3DB
We are the ‘data controller’ of the information you provide us with. This term is a legal phrase used to describe the person or entity that controls the way information is used and processed.