Registered nurses are the main point of contact between patients and their families. They play a vital role in teams of professional and medical staff. The registered nurses work with doctors, social workers, and therapists for patient’s comfort and emotional well-being as well as their medical needs.
Registered Nurse has a various role to play among the patients:-
- Planning and assessing nursing care requirements.
- Writing care plans as per the records
- Providing pre and post-operation care for the patients
- Monitoring patient’s condition
- Conduct routine investigations for the patient such as medication, injections, and intravenous infusions, collecting patient samples, check pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures.
- Dealing with emergencies situations and critical patients
- organizing workloads
- Mentor student nurses
- Providing information, emotional support, and reassurance for the patients and relatives
- Supervising junior staff
- Providing advice and promoting good health
There are many nurses choosing to specialize in a particular clinical field such as public health, cancer care with therapy and recovery. Adult nurses are available for 24-hour care of the patients is a common requirement in the healthcare sector. Although some travel is necessary between hospitals. Nurses are increasingly based in the community with a focus on preventative treatment in order to avoid unnecessary stress for the patient as well as help them to recover in minimum time.
Experienced and qualified nurses are enough competent to deal with critical cases. In the present scenario, there is a huge demand for adult nurses who can help the patients to recover faster from illness.