MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT 2020
This statement is made as part of Staff Giant Services ltd (“Staff Giant”) commitment to eliminating the exploitation of people under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (“the Act”). It summarises how Staff Giant Services ltd operates, the policies and processes in place to minimise the possibility of any problems, any risks we have identified and how we monitor them, and how we train our staff.
Staff Giant Services ltd is a limited company operating in the healthcare and in education sector. We are CQC registered healthcare provider. We supply temporary and permanent workersto the NHS, Nursing home and other Healthcare organisations.
Based from our headquarters in Hayes London Staff Giant provides practical, cost-effective and innovative workforce solutions, to our clients within each of its professional divisions,
Staff Giant has dedicated client and candidate teams covering the multitude of healthcare specialties and roles to ensure each customer receives its premier level service, ultimately ensuring patient safety is paramount.
Staff Giant ethic on Equal Opportunities has not and will not tolerate any individual, group or organisation who subjects workers to Modern Slavery during their operations.
Being a CQC registered company Staff Giant conforms to regulations set out in legislation directly and as such is subject to many audits throughout the year ensuring all compliance standards are met.
Staff Giant Services ltd is an independent business.
Who we work with?
We work with Nursing home and care homes across UK. Various councils for care provider contracts, NHS hospitals. We work with the top Universities in UK where we provide International students from the countries Like India. The other hiring companies that we work with are located in throughout the UK.
As part of our business, we also work with the following organisations:
- NMC, GMC, HCPC, GDC amongst other professional bodies.
- the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (www.rec.uk.com)
- Care Quality Commission
- Relevant Councils
- UK Universities and College
How do we source our staff?
As an Equal Opportunities Organisation, we welcome candidates and internal staff via online job searches, referrals and recruitment drives. Our recruitment drives are held nationally and internationally by a carefully selected team who will hold open days inviting those with an interest to come along and have an informal discussion about their expectations and plans. Candidates and staff are then welcome to begin their registration.
As a recruitment agency we are governed by The Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) for which we recently passed their compliance audit.
Full policies on our recruitment processes can be obtained on request.
Our Policies on Modern Slavery including Human Trafficking
Staff Giant has a modern slavery policy which is available on request.
In addition, Staff Giant has the following policies which incorporate ethical standards for our staff:
- Anti-bribery / corruption policy, and
- Raising concerns policy (whistle-blowing).
Policy development and review
Staff Giant policies are established by compliance director, based on advice from HR professionals, industry best practice and legal advice, and in consultation with the board of directors. We review our policies on a regular, or as needed to adapt to changes.
Staff Giant is committed to ensuring that our business and chain of suppliers do not tolerate Modern Slavery, forced labour or Human Trafficking in any sense. All of our candidates are vetted accordingly with recruitment guidelines for right to work documentation and working closely with the Home Office when verification is required.
Staff Giant is committed to ensuring compliance standards are met and maintained by auditing our suppliers and being audited by affiliated authorities
Our Processes for Managing Risk
In order to assess the risk of modern slavery, we use the following processes with our suppliers:
- When engaging with suppliers, we ask for evidence of their processes and policies, including commitments around modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, human rights, and whistle-blowing.
- We conduct audits before entering into a commercial relationship with any business where there is the potential for risk. These audited businesses form the basis of our preferred supplier list.
- We review the potential for risk at regular intervals, including the possibility of re-auditing a supplier or conducting spot checks.
After due consideration, we have not identified any significant risks of modern slavery, forced labour, or human trafficking in our supply chain. However, we continue to be alert to the potential for problems.
- We reserve the right to conduct spot-checks of the businesses who supply us, in order to investigate any complaints.
- We require the businesses we work with to publish a modern slavery statement, if appropriate.
- We collaborate with our suppliers in order to improve standards and transparency across our supply chain.
- Only senior members of staff who have undergone appropriate training for assessing modern slavery risks in the supply chain are authorised to sign contracts and establish commercial relationships in any area where we have identified the potential for risk.
- We ensure that all of our suppliers are members of appropriate industry bodies and working groups.
- Our staff are encouraged to bring any concerns they have to the attention of management
- We have not used or accepted forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour or child labour; nor will we hold onto our workers’ identity papers or knowingly work with businesses that do.
Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding
Staff Giant encourages anyone, including colleagues, suppliers, candidates and clients to report any issue or concerns about potential unethical business practices, such as fraud, bribery, slavery or human trafficking and will work with the local authorities to ensure such concerns are investigated properly and dealt with efficiently and effectively.
Staff Giant’s transparent approach ensures that all candidates are treated equally and fairly. Pay rates are consistent and are not dependant on background, gender or ethnicity.
As an employer dedicated to education and safeguarding, Staff Giant has a dedicated learning and development team whose sole aim is to keep our workforce updated and educated to potential risks and threats alongside legislation changes.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our organisations slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st March 2021.